Our client is an Italian international banking group and they are currently looking for a Senior AML Compliance Officer (38 hours) in their Dutch office located in Amsterdam.
Working 2 days from home and 3 days at the office, working days Monday-Friday.
Do you have at least 8 years' of experience in Compliance/AML experience either in banks/financial institutions/local regulators? Read further!
All applicants MUST have full legal authorization to work in the EU region independently and be fluent in both spoken and written English language.
- Managing the relation with the Supervisory Authorities, as well as with internal and external auditors;
- Managing Supervisory Authorities' inspections and visits;
- Managing non-compliance events, providing assistance and cooperation to the concerned structures and ensuring the identification and implementation of actions to be taken to address any organizational and/or procedural gaps;
- Ensuring that customers and transactions are screened against all the relevant Sanction Lists and Internal Lists;
- Assessing the transactions (transactions filtering) and the customers (customer data filtering) positively matched against Sanction List and addressing the initiatives required based on the assessment outcomes;
- Authorizing the opening and maintaining of existing relationships with high risk customers, as well as all relationships with PEPs;
- Ensuring that all internal suspicious activity reports received are investigated without delay and determining whether or not suspicions have substance and require disclosure to the relevant national FIU;
- Identifying and assessing regulatory compliance and AML/Sanctions risks and their governance, also performing second level controls, identifying and scheduling the related management activities;
- Drafting the reporting information flows, concerning compliance & AML, required by Local Authorities;
- Managing reporting information and risk assessment flows towards Head Office Chief Compliance Officer area (covering both Compliance & AML);
- Performing the daily compliance & AML activities assigned;
- Assisting on the analysis of local and applicable international rules, as well the Bank internal guidelines applicable to the branch;
- Assisting in assessing the impact of internal and external rules and regulations on branch's processes and procedures;
- Supporting in the prior compliance & AML assessment of all innovative projects/products;
- Supporting the Compliance Department in keeping the General Manager and Head Office Compliance abreast on the evolution of European and Dutch regulations;
- Periodic review of existing policies and procedures of the Branch to ensure they are effective and up to date and compliant with current European, Dutch and other Supervisory Regulations and guidelines;
- Managing roll-out of Branch policies and procedures to Branch staff and provide training as necessary in support of awareness;
- Preparing and completing any local Regulatory and Exchange reporting;
- Monitoring remedial actions and timely update and report Head Office Chief Compliance Officer area;
- Performing ex-post verifications of adequacy and actual application of internal processes and procedures;
- Providing advice in all matters relevant from a compliance & AML risk perspective;
- Performing operational activities as regards the keeping of registers (insider list, conflict of interest, etc.) and preparing reports and communications;
- Providing appropriate training for Branch's staff in relation to compliance & AML topics.
- Minimum eight years of Compliance/AML experience either in banks/financial institutions/local regulators;
- University degree in law, finance and/or economics;
- Strong knowledge and experience in managing local regulatory requirements;
- Extensive experience in conducting risk assessments.
- Dutch and English fluent (both written and spoken), Italian is an advantage;
- Deep understanding of the European and Dutch regulatory environment and expectations;
- Knowledge of international Compliance regulations and international practices;
- Deep understanding of the corporate and investment banking business;
- Knowledge of financial institutions, correspondent banking and trade finance products and services;
- Familiarity with various corporate structures e.g. Funds, Trusts, SPVs, etc is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of local and international Economic Sanctions laws and regulations;
- Knowledge of Anti-Bribery and corruption applicable regulation;
- Ability to synthetize large volume of information and identify key issues;
- Ability to produce high quality work to meet challenging deadlines;
· Temporary agency contract with Kelly for 6 months, with the intention conversion to contract with client
· Start date: ASAP
· Salary indication depending on experience!
Please do contact Marcella Henryati, Recruitment Consultant
When interested please apply with your English resume on our website: www.kellyservices.nl
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als officieel bemiddelaar. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official mediator. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.