Our client, who is an international pharmaceutical, is looking for an Assistant Scientist Cell Culture (Dutch and English speaking must) (40 hours) in Leiden.
All applicants MUST have full legal authorization to work in the EU region independently and be fluent in both spoken and written English language.
The QCD labs group is part of the Analytical Development Department of the Pharmaceutical and Analytical Development sector. Overall, the QCD Labs unit consist of 6 sub-teams (Raw-Materials, Sample Management, Cell Culture, Microbiology, Coordination and Technicians) and is responsible for release and stability testing as well as the corresponding reporting of Janssen's virus and antibody products for use in clinical trials and the analytical support of the pilot plant activities.
The QCD Labs group focuses on supporting production and laboratory activities with:
- Inspection, release and change management of incoming production raw materials and laboratory chemicals (Raw-Materials Team)
- Sample and Material receipt, handling, storage and forwarding (Sample Management Team) Cell Culture services where cells are maintained used for assays and production cell line quality is supported (Cell Culture Team)
- Microbiology group mainly responsible for maintaining controlled state of production clean room and production utilities by environmental and utility monitoring programs (Microbiology Team)
- Coordination of Release and Stability testing and Outsourcing Coordination (Coordination Team)
- Lab technicians team is responsible for all internal release and stability testing (Technicians)
About the position:
Based on formation plan and the needs within the QCD Labs organization, we are looking for a motivated Assistant Scientist who enjoys working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Culturing of cells (e.g. A549, HEK293), in order to keep cells maintained for assays
Ensuring that a high level of Quality is maintained in the department
- Performing assays like: GPT and Control Cell
- Accurate completion of documentation such as assay run sheets (ARS), laboratory notebooks and logbooks
- Actively participate in setting up documentation to ensure compliance.
Participate in continuous improvement projects that progresses the department in quality, EHS and efficiency gain
- Becoming assay responsible person for an assay performed within the team, including updating of test instructions for GMP assays
- MLO or HLO, affinity with medical products and experience with quality and laboratory systems such as cGMP, LIMS are strong advantages
- Candidate is accurate, pro-active, a team player and careful
- Experience with lab activities (e.g. cell culture) in a GMP environment or similar is considered as a pre
- Experience working in a Quality driven environment
- Good communication in English and Dutch (written and verbally)
What do we offer
- Contract via Kelly for 12 months
- Start date: ASAP
- Salary indication depending on experience
Please do contact Sari Steenhauer, Recruitment Consultant
T: 023-7111197 / 06-633137746
When interested please apply with your English resume on our website: www.kellyservices.nl
It's more than a job. It's passion. Our vision is to provide the world's best workforce solutions. We are authentic, the industry founder. We believe in relationships, not transactions. We value teamwork, realizing that we are stronger together than as individuals. We take seriously the promises we make. We are passionate, dedicated and driven to excel. With us it has never been about being the biggest. It has always been about being the best and doing the right thing.
At our core, we are a community. Each day we welcome into our community the varied talents of all people who embrace our culture of service, teamwork and integrity. We offer the opportunity to work with the best companies in the world, and to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work.
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als uitzendorganisatie. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official temporary employment agency. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.