For our client, a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare spectrum, we are looking for a Biotech Business Development Leader ( Benelux / Europe) based in Utrecht (Remote Work).
This role will focus on developing the business with a funnel of existing Biotech accounts and pipeline of new start-ups by prospecting, evaluating, negotiating, and implementing large commercial strategic partnership deals. This will require positioning of the overall value proposition of capabilities to reach deals that integrate multi-instrument and reagent elements and include financial, scientific, and operational components.
As such, will work alongside cross-functional global/regional resources, regional commercial leaders, and country key account managers to support objectives - with overall P&L accountability across the portfolio of selected Biotech companies.
- Mapping and monitoring of the European Biotech sector to identify potential commercial strategic partnership opportunities with new start-ups
- Segmentation and targeting/prioritization of Biotech accounts
- Engagement of and cultivating long term relationships with senior management
- Evaluation and qualification of partnership opportunities by understanding the 3-5-year business plans
- Developing and negotiating strategic commercial agreements that deliver mutual value by deploying technology platforms, scientific and technical resources, and capabilities
- Engaging with appropriate internal global/regional stakeholders and coordinating cross-function teams as necessary to execute on strategic opportunities
- Returning and increase in revenue growth, category share and profitability at selected accounts, with overall accountability for P&L over the 3-5-year account life cycle
- Partnering with country Key Account Managers to ensure successful implementation of strategic agreements
- Supporting strategic business review meetings with country Key Account Managers
- BSc/MSc degree and ideally PhD in a life sciences or medical subject, MBA preferably
- 3+ years' experience in a biotech/pharma/CRO drug discovery or development environment. An immunology, immunotherapy, T-cell therapy, or immuno-oncology focus preferably.
- 3+ years' experience with demonstrated success in business development for a pharma/biotech/CRO - OR, sales management or strategic account management with a Life Sciences/Med Tech laboratory equipment supplier
- Active engagement in industry associations, conferences, and meetings to acquire knowledge and identify relevant business opportunities
- Practical laboratory experience and knowledge of flow cytometry and single cell genomic technologies
- Experience and knowledge of Biotech buying and contracting processes for equipment, consumables, and service
- Experience and knowledge of evaluating, negotiating, and implementing strategic partnership agreements with major Life Sciences suppliers would be advantageous
- The ability to quickly understand new science and technologies and communicate the value and benefits of these to others effectively
- Understanding key principles of contracts, deal structures, collaboration initiatives and B2B transactions
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative deal solutions
- Effective influence and communication of ideas to senior leaders
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time. UK, BNL, Fr and GSA.
T: 0626326600 or 023-7111190
When interested please react through the application process with your English resume.
About Kelly Services
It's more than a job. It's passion.
Our vision is to provide the world's best workforce solutions. We are authentic, the industry founder. We believe in relationships, not transactions. We value teamwork, realizing that we are stronger together than as individuals. We take seriously the promises we make. We are passionate, dedicated and driven to excel. With us it has never been about being the biggest. It has always been about being the best and doing the right thing.
At our core, we are a community. Each day we welcome into our community the varied talents of all people who embrace our culture of service, teamwork and integrity. We offer the opportunity to work with the best companies in the world, and to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work.
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als officieel bemiddelaar. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official mediator. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.