Our client is one of the world's leading suppliers of Food, Home Care, Personal Care and Refreshment products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 161,000 employees. Over half (58%) of the company's footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Knorr, Dove, Hellmann's, Lipton, Wall's, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry's, Marmite, Unox, Magnum and The Vegetarian Butcher.
The Science & Technology (S&T) team in the Foods & Refreshment (F&R) division is an agile team of enthusiastic world-class scientists with a clear purpose:
* They are indispensable partners in F&R who deliver competitiveness through science and technology
* They unlock the world's ecosystem to solve problems for today and create inspiring opportunities for tomorrow
* They build on each other's strengths to magnify their impact
They combine key capabilities across the end-to-end spectrum of food science, biotechnology & engineering with unique knowledge on flavour & formulation sciences, all underpinned by digital modelling capabilities, to deliver differentiating innovations to market that meet consumer needs every day. The S&T team has a passion for continuous learning, works according agile principles with a strong can-do mindset.
Develop new plant meat structures by experimenting at lab and pilot plant scale, finding correlations between key parameters of ingredient properties and product characteristics. Next, to develop models to describe these correlations in for example excel models. The focus is on identifying and applying new technologies with the objective to design new plant meat textures with the best possible sensorial, nutritional and sustainability characteristics. Many of these activities will be done with external partners. The design, execution, interpretation and reporting of these R&D activities will be done in innovation teams, working according to agile principles.
* You will prepare novel plant meat structures, based on non-animal protein sources and blends at either lab or pilot plant scale
* You will analyse these structures with a variety of technologies & report the results to the wider organization
* You will then correlate these results in models to link ingredient characteristics with desired product properties.
* Education: a MSc or BSc with experience in related fields, like Food Technology, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering
* A few years of relevant work experience in similar area is preferred but not necessary
* Technical mindset applied to solutions, entrepreneurial mindset & ambition to continuously learn and improve
* Planning and organization skills
* Ability to work in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment, with good communication skills in English and in (virtual) teams
What we offer
* Contract via Kelly for 12 months with the possibility to extend
* Maximum salary of EU 4600 gross per month
* Start date: August 2021
* An international environment where you can learn a lot in challenging projects
Contact us today!
Ellen van Leeuwen
T: 06-519 58 864
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als uitzendorganisatie. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official temporary employment agency. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.