Our client, JLG Industries, who is an international and world's leading designer and manufacturer of access equipment, is currently looking for a GL Accounting Supervisor (40 hours) in Hoofddorp.
Working for the company that started the access industry and leads the way with 50 years of innovation. JLG is spelled with pride by its employees and part of Oshkosh Corporation, a Fortune 500 company. JLG EMEA has its headquarters in Hoofddorp covering Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and India.
Do you have 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, supervising experience and Bachelor's degree? You are fluent in English and the general ledger doesn't hold any secrets for you! Are you looking for an international environment with a very diverse of people? Apply now!
All applicants MUST have full legal authorization to work in the EU region independently and be fluent in both spoken and written English language.
About the position:
This purpose of this position is to lead a team of General Ledger Accountants & ensure unit Goals and Objectives are attained, supervise and ensure the efficient operation of all job functions, input and productivity. Qualified candidates will support and promote a positive work atmosphere. In addition to team leading responsibilities, the purpose is to perform general accounting functions and assist in the statutory process within a fast growing international company. In this capacity your role is a link between activities in the United States and the EMEA Region (Europe, Middle East and Africa). Tasks include month-end and statutory reporting for one or more legal entities and involvement in financial projects. The successful applicant will work closely together with other finance departments (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Payroll) to ensure control and compliance.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation of Audits (Group, Statutory, Internal, SOX and Tax) and liaise with the JLG audit team
- Perform and manage month end close activities.
- Perform and propose improvements for Account Reconciliations and Analysis as assigned. Own the monthly, quarterly and annual closing of one or more EMEA legal entities.
- Assist to control corporate income tax and value added tax (document, monitor and improve).
- Propose and drive changes and improvements in the accounting process.
- Prepare, validate and make journal entries for designated companies.
- Create and maintain a strong environment to enable information gathering for fiscal, legal and accounting purposes.
- Support process improvements and system implementations to ensure enhancements of reporting processes across the EAME locations.
- Participates in regional balance sheet and cost reviews with decision support teams
- Continually work to improve team, department and organization's performance.
- Perform weekly one-to-ones and career development conversations.
- Monitor and evaluate employee performance & ensure standards and objectives are met
- Monitor attendance & leave requests; ensure proper coverage for the team.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and standards.
- Develop future leaders
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, or a relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in an international environment
- An experienced Auditor without accounting experience can also be considered for this role
- Multiple-country GL Accounting experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of Dutch tax structures is advantageous
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of other European languages is advantageous.
- Knowledge of Financial / Accounting ERP systems
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent analytical skills and an excellent level of accuracy
- "Hands-on" mentality
- Shows initiative and provides good follow-up on areas of responsibility, especially in the area of the accounting process
- Contract direct with client with the intention for permanent position
- Competitive benefits aligned with experience/educational level
- Package: 29 vacation days, yearly performance bonus %, pension scheme, travel expenses public transport fully covered or € 0,19 per km
- Working for a global Fortune 500 company and being part of almost 50 years of innovation. Our client covers Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and India where they work close together with their local sales and engineering teams.
Please do contact Hajar Amagir, Recruitment Consultant
T: 06 26326600
When interested please apply with your English resume on our website: www.kellyservices.nl
About Kelly Services
It's more than a job. It's passion. Our vision is to provide the world's best workforce solutions. We are authentic, the industry founder. We believe in relationships, not transactions. We value teamwork, realizing that we are stronger together than as individuals. We take seriously the promises we make. We are passionate, dedicated and driven to excel. With us it has never been about being the biggest. It has always been about being the best and doing the right thing.
At our core, we are a community. Each day we welcome into our community the varied talents of all people who embrace our culture of service, teamwork and integrity. We offer the opportunity to work with the best companies in the world, and to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work.
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als officieel bemiddelaar. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official mediator. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.