For our client, a corporation specialized in preclinical and clinical laboratory services, we are looking for a Group Leader based in Leiden.
The Group Leader will be a key member of the operational management team providing strong scientific, operational and strategic leadership to multiple teams at the Leiden site of the company's Biology department. Besides line management of direct reports, the Group Leader will lead scientific project teams, as well as be involved in business development activities. As part of the management team, the Group Leader will also contribute to building and managing the Leiden Biology team to support further growth of the business.
- Provide line management of up to 10 direct reports (scientific staff) in accordance with company directions and policies, being responsible for performance reviews, succession planning, development and training of team members.
- Contribute to the management and performance of the Leiden Biology team by taking on selected responsibilities ensuring a high level of scientific standard is maintained on projects involved.
- Provide independent project leadership of scientific project teams aimed at maintaining client satisfaction as well as delivery on project objectives and financials, demonstrating strategic decision making and creative problem solving.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, interfacing positively with direct reports, clients, colleagues and key stakeholders.
- Secure new business opportunities, working independently with business development to prepare scientific proposals and present to potential new clients.
- 5+ years of experience as a team leader in an industrial setting, ideally within a Pharma/biotech or CRO environment.
- Familiar with all aspects of drug discovery and experience in complex in vitro biology and able to work across various therapeutic areas.
- Ample experience in successfully leading project teams, planning & managing resources and finances and influencing within and outside of own project.
- Sound scientific judgement which impacts the direction and delivery of projects or departmental initiatives
- Able to write high quality project proposals to challenging deadlines
- Being a positive role model, with demonstrated ability to push boundaries and inspire others.
What do we offer
- Permanent contract with the company (32-40h a week)
- Salary of 63 to 70K per annum (negotiable)
T: +31 (0)639694482
When interested please react through the application process with your English resume.
About Kelly Services
It's more than a job. It's passion.
Our vision is to provide the world's best workforce solutions. We are authentic, the industry founder. We believe in relationships, not transactions. We value teamwork, realizing that we are stronger together than as individuals. We take seriously the promises we make. We are passionate, dedicated and driven to excel. With us it has never been about being the biggest. It has always been about being the best and doing the right thing.
At our core, we are a community. Each day we welcome into our community the varied talents of all people who embrace our culture of service, teamwork and integrity. We offer the opportunity to work with the best companies in the world, and to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work.
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als officieel bemiddelaar. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official mediator. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.