Logistics Specialist 3PL
For our client in FMCG in Rotterdam, we search for a temporary Logistics Specialist 3 PL.
We share one simple purpose: To make sustainable living commonplace. Through our powerhouse brands such as Dove, Axe and Magnum, we are creating a bright future for our business and our planet - and you can be part of it! We believe that companies with purpose last, people with purpose thrive and brands with purpose grow. We meet every day needs for nutrition, hygiene and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life.
We are looking for a Logistics Specialist to manage the 3PL (Third Party Logistics). The Logistics Specialist does so by monitoring their KPIs, solving issues, and by managing projects to continuously improve service and efficiency while reducing costs and carbon. The Logistic Specialists are the linking pin between the 3PL and Unilever, which means they represent the 3PL within Unilever and represent Unilever for the 3PL. It is therefore important to build a trustful relationship with both internal stakeholders and the 3PL.
The 3PL interacts with Unilever's customers by delivering products at their distribution centers. Customers are managed by our Customer Service department where issues regarding logistics are also raised. Customer Service is therefore the most important internal stakeholder for the Logistics Specialist. By working together with Customer Service, the Logistics Specialist has to make sure Unilever is a top end supplier for our customers. Some of the services that our customers require result in additional costs and carbon emissions. The Logistics Specialist has a key role in challenging these investments by analyzing their impact to make sure that good trade-offs are made together with Customer Service.
* Support building logistics capabilities for sustainable competitive advantage.
* Manage 3PL performance, capacity, carbon footprint & contracts.
* Responsible for all local operational logistics process flows. This includes the warehouses, hauliers, concessionaire customers and some local exceptional flows.
* Check and approve 3PL invoices.
* Manage and initiate projects with the 3PL that continuously improve existing processes.
* Creation / maintenance of Logistics KPI reporting & analyis
* Responsible for operational logistics escalation.
* Support Customer Service by solving structural issues.
* Support the HUB for e.g. primary transport, invoicing.
* Coordinate pallet management suppliers together with the 3PL.
* Support stock counting and stock reconciliation.
* Support the business with logistics expertise.
* Make trade-offs with Customer Service on required logistics services (e.g. DESADV, palletization, delivery days, …).
* Manage relationships between 3PL hauliers and 3PL warehouses to ensure optimal collaboration.
* Execute business contingency processes along with the 3PL.
* First knowledge of logistics (warehousing & distribution) and customer service processes
* Knowledge of MS Office
* Knowledge of SAP is a plus
* Knowledge of Power BI is a plus
* Project management skills
* Communication skills & influencing others
* Team commitment
* Business awareness
* Bias for action
* Customer mindset
* Analytical ability
* Build and maintain external relations
* Fluency in Dutch and English is required
Name consultant Marc Philip van Ittersum
When interested please react through the application process with your English resume.
About Kelly Services
It's more than a job. It's passion.
Our vision is to provide the world's best workforce solutions. We are authentic, the industry founder. We believe in relationships, not transactions. We value teamwork, realizing that we are stronger together than as individuals. We take seriously the promises we make. We are passionate, dedicated and driven to excel. With us it has never been about being the biggest. It has always been about being the best and doing the right thing.
At our core, we are a community. Each day we welcome into our community the varied talents of all people who embrace our culture of service, teamwork and integrity. We offer the opportunity to work with the best companies in the world, and to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work.
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als uitzendorganisatie. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official temporary employment agency. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.