For one of our most exciting clients in the FMCG industry, we are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join the team in Rotterdam.
In this critical role, you will report to the Foods Innovation & Transformation Director. The role is key to help shape, execute and communicate the new Global Foods and Innovation strategy and support the transformation of the Foods category into a more agile and consumer centric organization. The role will have wide responsibilities supporting strategy development, innovation execution, landing InnoFLEX, lead specific innovation projects on new business models & new partnerships, stakeholder engagement, category operations, M&A support and help to build a highly connected & thriving Foods Team globally and locally.
The role offers a great development opportunity for individuals widening their skillset in strategy, operations and innovation in a highly dynamic environment. It provides insight into how our client's matrixed organisation works as well as the opportunity to deliver initiatives with a significant, sustainable benefit to the category worldwide.
* Ensure priorities are clear, choices are made, and funds are invested in the highest growth opportunities for Foods
* Support the category planning, budget process and market performance reviews aligned to 5 growth fundamentals
* Review white spaces & broader category opportunities globally and identify 'ability to win' in market and how to differentiate the offer vs. competitors including new business models
* Define and help implement repeatable models, scaling opportunities, open innovation, and new partnerships to accelerate Foods
* Initiate, drive and lead high impact projects which help drive the business across functions
* Support as required M&A analysis and process
* Drive implementation of methods that enable faster and more effective ways of working for innovation including supporting roll out of "InnoFLEX" for Foods across the world
* Manage the Global Innovation Portfolio through tools such as IPM and iTrack and support strategic review with key markets
* Support the planning, organisation, draft and follow-up on Foods Executive meetings, Foods Innovation Board, Food Cascade (-ups)
* Support content input for Foods for analysts' reviews, annual reports, innovation and portfolio reviews, category events, quarterly CEO letters
* Support in critical business-driven communications, defining content for major presentations - ULE, Investor Relations, Change Leaders Conference and other large events and conferences.
* Analytical skills - very strong analytical skills to leverage data into actionable insight
* Strong, proven strategic analysis & thinking skills, balancing rigour & judgement
* Organization/Attention to Detail - outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple overlapping priorities to meet key deadlines, whilst ensuring high quality output.
* Communication - strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
* Global mindset - genuine interest in learning about and understanding global, regional, and local markets and their consumers, shoppers, retailers, and competitive dynamics
* Strong external orientation - competitors, markets, broader financial and consumer goods related changes
* Strong leadership & influencing with sound logic and detailed analysis
* An appetite for challenge, with a hardworking, tenacious attitude
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to deliver through relationships with all functions at all levels
* Thriving in ambiguity - most of the work done by this team is up stream in nature, looking at novel opportunities or challenges and requires structuring a nebulous opportunity, building frameworks to address them
* Functional expertise looking to build strategic/big picture skills (e.g. Marketing, Finance) but the role is also ideal for strategy & innovation specialists looking to broaden their business knowledge and skills
* Understanding of new business models, finance, M&A, divestments - financial value creation and finance
* Experience at consultancy firms like McKinsey, BCG, Bain preferred
* Understanding lean like a start-up principle, experience in driving agile innovation, open innovation, partnerships
* Ability to synthesizing many types of insight (consumer, shopper, market, competitive, technology etc.) into actionable strategies and ability to convey them simply for senior audiences
* Very strong analytical skills - both in excel and analysing problems and proposing pragmatic, actionable solutions.
What we offer
* Contract via Kelly Services for 9 months initially; contract extension possible
* Salary of max 8200 EUR per month, depending on experience
* Start date: December 2021
* An international environment where you can learn a lot in challenging projects
Contact us today!
Ellen van Leeuwen
T: 06- 519 58 864
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als uitzendorganisatie. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official temporary employment agency. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.