Our client is a fast growing research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines. We are looking for a Public Affairs Lead (40 hours) based in Amsterdam.
Do you have significant experience of working in Public Affairs roles within pharma/biotech/NGO? Apply now!
All applicants MUST have full legal authorization to work in the EU region independently and be fluent in both spoken and written Dutch and English language.
- Provide public affairs (PA) / patient advocacy services to the business in the NL, working closely with the cross-functional teams executing the PA country strategy
- Develop and drive NL patient advocacy and communication projects for the Netherlands, i.e. disease awareness campaigns, patient support programs, grants and sponsorships
- Lead relationships patient groups in HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Oncology (advanced breast cancer and blood cancer), representing Gilead at community/stakeholder meetings
- Work cross-functionally on HIV and Oncology business strategy, representing the voice of the patient/community in internal planning
- Participate in Grants Review Committee reviewing and managing PA grants and sponsorships
- Together with Medical Affairs, develop and support patient education materials and projects
- Manage the supportive agencies and ensure internal review processes of materials and projects, collaborating with Legal/business compliance to ensure the compliant implementation of PA projects
- Develop and support the local business with internal communication and external corporate communication opportunities, as well as managing media requests and messaging
- Represent the NL in ACE Region 1 PA and patient advocacy activities in various international platforms and meetings
- This role reports into the Associate Director PA, and is part of the ACE Region PA team
- Significant experience of working in Public Affairs roles
- Extensive experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries preferred.
- Indepth knowledge of the healthcare system and patient advocacy
- Exceptional level of communicating, influencing and managing relationships.
- Experience working in a cross functional projectteam environment.
- Experience of establishing external stakeholder groups to advance policy goals.
- Strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute on agreed strategies.
- Strong executive presence with ability to command respect with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
What do we offer
- Contract via Kelly Services of TBD period (40 hours per week)
- Independent Contractors are also welcome to apply;
- Start date: ASAP
- An international environment where you can learn a lot in challenging projects
When interested please react through the application process with your English resume.
About Kelly Services
It's more than a job. It's passion.
Our vision is to provide the world's best workforce solutions. We are authentic, the industry founder. We believe in relationships, not transactions. We value teamwork, realizing that we are stronger together than as individuals. We take seriously the promises we make. We are passionate, dedicated and driven to excel. With us it has never been about being the biggest. It has always been about being the best and doing the right thing.
At our core, we are a community. Each day we welcome into our community the varied talents of all people who embrace our culture of service, teamwork and integrity. We offer the opportunity to work with the best companies in the world, and to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work.
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als officieel werkgever. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official employer. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.