For our client, a pharmaceutical company in Leiden, we are looking for a Scientist Up Stream Processing (USP)
The USP department is responsible for early- as well as late-stage development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production. This is done in close collaboration with many partners in Discovery, Development and Supply Chain in an international environment. Within the USP department, a lab team is responsible for performing all hands-on experimental activities, data processing and documentation, whereas a team of scientists is responsible for the overall scientific approach and progress within our projects.
- Develops and executes USP early- and late-stage development and tech transfer strategies
- Creates and manages research plans in the delivery of business results
- Represents USP in multidisciplinary project team(s)
- Acts as author in the preparation of presentations, technical reports, documents for regulatory filing and patents
- Applies the latest technological innovations into the daily work. One of the major innovations currently explored is modeling, data management and statistical analysis applied to bioprocessing
- Ph. D. degree or post-doctorate degree biopharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology, bio-process technology or related fields
- At least 2 years of late-stage biopharmaceutical experience, preferably in industry
- Technical knowledge on bioreactor process technology; ideally for R&D and/or commercial (GMP) purposes
- Experience with two or more of the following: life cycle process validation; regulatory submission writing; process improvements; multivariate data analysis; technology transfer; manufacturing support.
What do we offer
- Contract via Kelly Services of period (40 hours per week)
- Start date: asap
- An international environment where you can learn a lot in challenging projects
When interested please react through the application process with your English resume.
About Kelly Services
It's more than a job. It's passion.
Our vision is to provide the world's best workforce solutions. We are authentic, the industry founder. We believe in relationships, not transactions. We value teamwork, realizing that we are stronger together than as individuals. We take seriously the promises we make. We are passionate, dedicated and driven to excel. With us it has never been about being the biggest. It has always been about being the best and doing the right thing.
At our core, we are a community. Each day we welcome into our community the varied talents of all people who embrace our culture of service, teamwork and integrity. We offer the opportunity to work with the best companies in the world, and to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work.
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als uitzendorganisatie. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official temporary employment agency. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.