This is an exciting role for an independent Senior Business Development Manager who enjoys developing and managing contracts with airports (main area) logistics, procedures, quality, customer service, and budgeting related duties. Work with customers to define their requirements and implement corrective action while promoting all aspects of Pierce Fire & Emergency Segment International Sales for our European region. The focus in this role will be dealing with government tenders.
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager who can lead the sales activities in Europe, be able to establish new customer relationships and further develop existing customer relationships. We would like someone to open markets rapidly in our European region and who will be able to create a strong distribution network in Europe. Furthermore, the person will be managing two field service engineers in the UK.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure support for export sales function by working with engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, contract administration and program managers to facilitate organized, timely and cost-effective build and deliver of vehicles and parts
- Prepare, administer and coordinate customer/dealer quotations, proposals and bids
Responsible for customer satisfaction, problem solving, and making certain of quality service
- Development and negotiation of contract proposals and pricing
- Oversee the development of related systems and procedures
- Ensure internal support for Fire and Emergency International marketing and sales functions
- Coordinate and host, in a professional demeanor, customer/representative visits, factory tours, and product inspections, as needed. Evening or weekend work with customers may be required
- Represent the International Sales Team by presenting sales forecast and other international sales briefings to executives
- Proactively plan and execute plans in accordance with established time constraints
- Travel about 10% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales, marketing, or related field
- Eight (8) plus years related sales and/or marketing experience
- Previous experience in International Sales
- Fluency in English, a foreign language is preferred (German)
- Prior experience in automotive or heavy-duty equipment and logistics contract administration is preferred
- The ability to communicate effectively, deal diplomatically with customers and dealers and work independently
Desired job competencies
- Coach & Develop
- Build collaborative relationships
- Align organization
- Drive strategic thinking
- Coach & develop
- Inspires & motivates others
- Encourages innovation & inclusion
What do we offer
- Full time position (40 hours) based (in any location) in Germany
- Contract direct with our client Oshkosh
- Excellent primary and secondary benefits!
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als officieel bemiddelaar. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official mediator. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.