Senior Legal Counsel, EU Commercial (temp to perm)
Working in close collaboration with the GC EU Commercial on a variety of regional legal matters relating to key products & therapeutic areas in the Specialty and Generic Medicines area (excluding intellectual property). The Senior Legal Counsel will be giving advisory and commercial contracting support to the European designated Commercial, Medical, Digital and Portfolio teams on all contemplated activities. The Senior Legal Counsel will have a central role.
- Draft and negotiate various commercial contracts (including service agreements, advertising agency agreements, market access agreements, research agreements, grants & donations, etc.);
- Support various projects in the field of digital marketing and social media;
- Support activities such as digital device projects which require a focus on regulatory legal advice;
- Provide regional legal support and advice to EU Portfolio & EU Strategic Projects & Alliances;
- Provide regional legal support and advice to designated EU regional teams on all contemplated activities relating to key products & therapeutic areas (including in particular sales & marketing and medical activities) and related commercial transactions to ensure compliance with applicable laws and EU Regulations as well as our policies and procedures;
- Review and provide legal guidance on core promotional materials and pro-actively identify risks or possibilities in the area of unfair competition;
- Proactively identify potential legal risks and assist in implementing strategies to minimize those risks;
- Assist in establishing, reviewing and training management and key personnel on relevant policies;
- Initiate and follow-up on litigation and/or defend the company in litigation filed by third parties as requested by the GC EU Commercial;
- Close working alignment and interface with other support functions including regulatory, market access, medical, quality and pharmacovigilance;
- Responsible for some administration tasks, for example update policies covering contracts & promotional activities;
- Participate in and contribute to compliance or internal investigations/audits, in coordination with Group Compliance and Audit, relating to the EU HQ office activities;
- Keep up to date with emerging legal trends in the EU region;
- Contribute and advice on building and designing best legal practices and processes in the branded area.
Qualifications, Experience & Expertise, Skills, Culture Fit & Impact and Other
- Law degree and (preferably) bar admittance in one EU jurisdiction;
Experience & Expertise:
- No less than 6 year experience legal practice as in house counsel or in private practice in a top-tier law firm;
- Dutch law experience, though other nationalities will be considered;
- Solid knowledge of pharmaceutical industry (pharmaceutical or biotech industry) and its dynamic and customer needs;
- Understanding of pharmaceutical market in NL and EU;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-starter with a proactive attitude and strong drive to achieve results;
- Excellent team player who can work effectively across cultures and skill levels;
- Sound experience in handling a high volume of activity involving multiple projects simultaneously;
- Hands-on, flexible, and adaptable personality;
- Demonstrated ability to counsel effectively from a legal and business perspective;
- Organization and time management skills;
- Able to work in a changing and flexible environment
- Energetic, hardworking, and proven ability to deal positively when working within tight time pressure & demanding clients;
Culture Fit & Impact:
- Strong moral and ethical compass, and embodiment of our core values;
- Being proud to work in a company that improves health and contributes to people's wellbeing;
- Caring about sustainable healthcare;
- Fluency in English
Name consultant Marc Philip van Ittersum
When interested please react through the application process with your English resume.
About Kelly Services
It's more than a job. It's passion.
Our vision is to provide the world's best workforce solutions. We are authentic, the industry founder. We believe in relationships, not transactions. We value teamwork, realizing that we are stronger together than as individuals. We take seriously the promises we make. We are passionate, dedicated and driven to excel. With us it has never been about being the biggest. It has always been about being the best and doing the right thing.
At our core, we are a community. Each day we welcome into our community the varied talents of all people who embrace our culture of service, teamwork and integrity. We offer the opportunity to work with the best companies in the world, and to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work.
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als officieel bemiddelaar. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official mediator. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.