VP, Head of Business Development EU and USA
Very nice opportunity at our client for an experienced Sales expert in pharma/life science, to join them as VP, Head of Business Development EU and USA.
Report to: SVP, Commercial and Strategic Development
Number of Direct Reports: 3-4
The Vice President, Head of Business Development EU and USA is responsible company meeting and exceeding sales targets in all territories in Europe and North America.
This incorporates responsibility for sales force effectiveness and managing functions essential to sales force productivity, including planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President Commercial and Strategic Development the position will work closely with the executive team, and foster close working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure the efficient operation and success of the sales organization. Line management responsibilities include territory sales leaders and Sales Operations.
* Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the SVP Commercial and Strategic Development in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the company's business goals. Develop and direct sales and business development activities across company's oncology, inflammation and biomarker service platforms that align with revenue targets and the Company's overall objectives.
* Utilize his/her in-depth knowledge of selling contract drug-discovery and development services to develop the sales team and enable them to identify, qualify and close new business.
* Through management of Sales Operations, designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
* Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and ensuring the company's financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
* Partners with senior leadership to identify synergies and opportunities for growth, including the alignment and integration with affiliated companies and merged or acquired entities.
* Provide counsel regarding complex contract negotiation and work with legal counsel as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Advanced degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent required; MBA or PhD preferred.
* Substantial years previous experience in a global (EU+USA) B2B sales leadership role, preferably in a preclinical CRO or equivalent life science functions. Experience leading, managing and integrating global sales teams is essential.
* 15+ years of business development experience preferably in drug-discovery and/or development services. Direct experience of oncology and/or biomarker discovery services strongly preferred.
* Proven sales track record of leading EU and USA teams to achieving/surpassing of sales goals
* Excellent CRO awareness and a thorough understanding of industry trends and impact on the business
* Solid understanding of commercialization and the principles of drug discovery and development
* Excellent analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer business data
* Ability to influence others internally and externally across multiple cultures and time-zones
* Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
* Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
* Excellent communication sills
* Ability to develop and coach team members
To apply: Please send your CV or contact:
Name consultant Marc Philip van Ittersum
When interested please react through the application process with your English resume.
About Kelly Services
It's more than a job. It's passion.
Our vision is to provide the world's best workforce solutions. We are authentic, the industry founder. We believe in relationships, not transactions. We value teamwork, realizing that we are stronger together than as individuals. We take seriously the promises we make. We are passionate, dedicated and driven to excel. With us it has never been about being the biggest. It has always been about being the best and doing the right thing.
At our core, we are a community. Each day we welcome into our community the varied talents of all people who embrace our culture of service, teamwork and integrity. We offer the opportunity to work with the best companies in the world, and to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work.
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als officieel bemiddelaar. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official mediator. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.