Our client is a leading global medical technology company and they are looking for a Cost Accounting Manager (Plant Controller) (hybrid, 40 hours) in Drachten. The role is hybrid, however in the first 6 months it is expected to be on-site (80/100), and after 60/40.
All applicants MUST have full legal authorization to work in the EU region independently and be fluent in the English language.
Do you have experience within manufacturing (prefer healthcare, pharma, biotech or medical device)? Do you have experience with Bill of Material and routings (must experience)? Read further!
The Cost Accounting Manager provides Financial/Accounting support for the BD IDS business. This includes providing financial support and oversight to the Heidelberg, Germany & Drachten, Netherlands facilities, playing a key role in establishing and achieving financial objectives and formulating and executing Operations strategies.
This role is responsible for maintaining accounting and reporting procedures resulting in accurate product costs and manufacturing performance reporting and ensures product inventories and manufacturing assets are adequately safeguarded and financial reporting. The postholder will occasionally interact with Global Marketing, Research and Development, and other General & Administrative functions.
The Cost Accounting Manager drives change, as needed, to ensure compliance to GAAP/SOX, reviewing and delivering recommendations for continuous improvement, and clearly communicating relevant fiscal information to executive management.
- Oversees all planning, reporting, and analysis of budget, forecast, and spending variances.
- Developing standard costs
- Maintaining fixed assets
- Ensuring reserves are calculated appropriately
- Ensuring manufacturing performance is accurately reported
- Partners with the Manufacturing Directors and Plant ESC to optimize finance related operational decisions, ensure appropriate financial/accounting rigor, introduce process discipline as needed, and safeguard company assets.
- Drives continuous financial improvement through Labor Analysis, Gross Profit analysis, Inventory analysis, New Product and Discontinuance Analysis, and Spending analysis.
- Ensures that financial reports and records are prepared in compliance with US GAAP and BD financial policies.
- Ensures that financial controls are maintained and that the requirements of the Sarbanes/Oxley Act are met.
- Assists both internal and external auditors with their periodic review of the BD Diagnostic Systems financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Possess a track record demonstrating the management of increasing levels of responsibility, successful business partnering at a senior level, and leading cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to improve controls and influence decisions through accounting knowledge and data driven financial analysis.
- Cost Accounting, General Accounting, and Finance knowledge are all required.
- Advanced Excel skills are necessary.
- ERP experience is necessary; specifically, SAP experience is preferred.
- Audit experience is a preferred.
Education & experience:
- Requires proven experience in relevant professional Accounting and/or Finance roles; inclusive of product costing, manufacturing variances and inventory control experience.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting (or equivalent). A CPA, MBA, or CMA is preferred.
- Proficient in speaking English, fluent in German is a plus.
What do we offer
- A contract direct with the client with excellent primary and secondary benefits such as a salary (depending on experience) between € 70K-€ 100K including 8% holiday allowance based in 40 hours;
Please do contact Marcella Henryati, Recruitment Consultant
When interested please apply with your English resume on our website: www.kellyservices.nl
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als officieel bemiddelaar. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official mediator. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the AWGB (Algemene Wet Gelijke Behandeling) Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.